Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Microwave Fudge/Icing

I have a sweet tooth and I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!  Pretty much anything!! 

I knew right away that I must reserach and make some sweet things to "keep me going". At one point, I think I had made this fudge along with two batches of cookies....rather ridiculous looking back but at the time, it was a neccesity to me!! Thankfully, I didn't have to look very hard for this one, thanks to my mom who gave it to me years ago. 


Ingredients:
1 lb box of powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup "milk" (note: if using rice milk, use a little less)
1/2 tsp salt
1Tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup "butter"

Mix together sugar and cocoa.  Add in milk and salt.  Slice the butter and place on top.  Microwave on high for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes (The butter should melt)  Stir together and then pour into a greased pan.  Use a smaller pan for thicker pieces and a larger one for thinner pieces.  Put in the fridge until hard.

If you plan to use this as an icing....stir together after the microwave and pour directly on top of cake. 

ENJOY!!!

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment