Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade Bread in a Bread Machine

One of the most staple items has milk, soy, and exposure to many other allergens.  My resolution:  MAKE YOUR OWN!!!

If you don't have a bread machine and intend to do this diet for a while, it will be a good investment!!




Plus, it kinda grosses me out when I read a bread label.......it has 25 ingredients when bread only requires A FEW!!!  CRAZY!!!!

Whole Wheat Bread (for the bread machine)
Source: Cindy Boler (a friend)

4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil or butter*
1/3 c honey

Place into your machine according to the manufacter's instructions.  For example, all my liquid ingredients go in first.  Then my flour and then i make a small hole in the center of my flour and put my yeast (making sure it doesn't touch any liquids)

**You can use this for cold sandwich but the bread can be kinda crumbly.  It's excellent for hot sandwiches and a side to soup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment